The Art of Cinematic Performance – with Director Sue Dunderdale
Earn 23 points upon purchasing this product.
Due to huge demand for this course, places are first come first served.
Platform: Online Workshop (Two Evening Sessions) | Tutor: Sue Dunderdale | Time (GMT): 18.00 – 20.00pm | Level: All
Two Evening Sessions: Monday 15th and Tuesday 16th March 2021 – 18:00 to 20:00 GMT
Sue Dunderdale is a British Film & TV Director known for fostering new talent and established BAFTA-winning actors, having coached and directed the likes of Helena Bonham Carter and Clarke Peters. Alongside her notable theatre work, Sue has established a reputation as one of the UK’s top continuous drama directors, having Directed EastEnders, Coronation Street, Holby City and Casualty.
Sue is now giving you the chance to work with her on this intimate online workshop to discover her detailed process in building a Cinematic performance with actors. Over these two sessions you will transform your approach to building a character from text. You will learn to breakdown the structure of a script to understand what a character is doing, enabling you to play the scene in any number of given circumstances and to always deliver it fresh with every take.
Please note this workshop is split into two evening sessions, allowing you to complete individual homework between.
- You will learn key questions you need to ask of any character you might play.
- Work through a short scene provided and extract facts about the character and understand what can be built from these.
- Break down the structure of the scene to understand the character’s journey.
- You will cover a scene that’s broken into units of action and work out what is happening in each unit.
- Actors in pairs will then breakdown a scene on their own to work out the character journey.
- Pairs will then apply each segment to a performance to gauge how it guides you through the scene.
- The group will then summarise and understand how these techniques apply to filming.
Hosted via Zoom. A strong internet connection is required to join our live online courses and workshops. Please test your internet connection before booking as we cannot refund due to technical issues. Please familarise yourself with Zoom before attending your workshop. Your camera will be required to be switched on during the workshop.
Students will receive a Zoom link via email to join the workshop. Please log on at least 10 mins before the workshop begins.
1 in stock
Live Online Workshop via Zoom
Director Sue Dunderdale
Live Online Workshop via Zoom
Age 17 yrs +
For Actors of All Levels with strong writing and speaking skills.
Small Group of 14 (Limited Spaces)
Taught in English, this workshop is suitable for International students who can understand and speak fluent English.
Time (GMT): 18:00 – 20.00pm
|Terms and Conditions
Please read our Terms and Conditions before making a booking.
Monday 15th + Tuesday 16th March – 18:00 to 20:00.