Day 1 -Monday | Time (BST) 10:30am – 1.00pm & 2:30pm – 5.00pm
You will be introduced to the course, discuss screen acting, self-taping and talk about the actors’ toolbox.
Mel will then invite you to each share a real life story and do your given monologue. Here you will observe how specific you are, and how much muscle memory you still have in your body from your real experiences. You will explore games and techniques that allow you to find the same life and truth when you are using learned lines.
Day 2 -Tuesday| Time (BST) 10:30am – 1.00pm & 2:30pm – 5.00pm
On day two you will continue on your real life stories and monologues.
Day 3 and 4 -Wednesday and Thursday| Time (BST) 10:30am – 1.00pm & 2:30pm – 5.30pm
On days three and four you will complete your individual monologue work and start exploring pairs work. Mel will also give you self-tape technical tips that will help you been seen at your best on camera.
Day 5 -Friday| Time (BST) 11am – 1:30pm & 3pm – 5pm
On your final day of the course you will be doing games with scenes to discover more toolbox techniques and methods to strengthen your work. There will be a discussion about the games and discoveries, feedback and a round up of your week.
• A smartphone or camera to film on.
• A strong internet connection. Please test your internet connection before booking as we cannot refund due to technical issues.
• Please familiarise yourself with Zoom before attending your course. Your camera will need to be switched on during the course.
• Taught in English, this course is suitable for all students who understand and speak fluent English.
• Students will be advised of preparation required before the course commences (this is minimal).
Suitable for those (17 yrs+) with some acting training looking to realise their potential and also established performers wanting to refresh their technique.
Live Online Course Via Zoom – students will receive a link to join. Please log in at least 10 minutes before each session begins.
Intensive online course
Small class size – 12 maximum
Age 17 yrs +
Suitable for those with some acting training looking to realise their potential and established performers wanting to refresh their technique
International Students welcome
Monday – Friday
Time (BST): 10.00am -1.00pm and 2.30pm -5.00/30pm