Learn to Act – Live Online Course
Platform: Live Online Workshop | Tutor: Sarah Hannah | Time (BST): 18.30pm – 20.30pm
Join our online beginners acting course with Sarah Hannah, who will teach you the first steps that you need to know about acting. Learn key skills on how to deliver a convincing performance and discover the basic technical skills required of a screen actor. Ideal for those with minimal or no experience (17 years +) whether you’re aspiring to be a professional actor, looking to boost your confidence / creative skills or eager to try something new, this online acting course is for you.
What will I learn?
- Build confidence with being in-front of the camera
- Learn voice and physical warm-up exercises
- Understand film set etiquette
- Learn how to act on camera
- Work and collaborate in a group
- Understand how to examining screenplays and prepare a character
- Learn about comedy and drama acting
Lessons will include but are not limited to:
- Performing short monologues and duologues to screen
- Understand film terminology on set
- Vocal / physical warm-ups
- Examine screenplays from an actor’s perspective, gain insight into the narrative structure and understand how this informs screen acting preparation.
- Have a clear understanding of technical requirements for acting on camera
- Discover industry secrets and how to progress your career.
What will you need:
- Comfortable clothing to move around in
- 2 metre space to perform
- An internet connected device to access Zoom with a webcam and microphone
You will receive recorded work from the lessons with constructive feedback from Sarah to improve your skills. Please note: These videos will be recorded by the tutor and are for workshop purposes only. They will not be suitable for external viewing by Casting directors or Agents.
The course will be led by Sarah Hannah, who in addition to working as a professional actress is heavily involved with the BBC Casting Board and Triforce. With experience on stage and screen, Sarah will introduce you to various acting techniques from the ground up to expose beginners to the fundamentals of performance.